Jaycar Electronics is an Australian based retailer company that holds a variety of electronics, electronic gadgets and related products, striving to make its consumers contended. The company was founded in 1981 by Gary Johnston – a former marketing director at Dick Smith Electronics. Dick Smith Electronics was a very successful electronics selling company and rapidly flourished in 1970’s. In its seven years period of swift growth, Gary Johnston was working there alongside founder Dick Smith. After purchasing John Carr & Co. Pty Ltd in 1981, Gary Johnston established the grounds for Jaycar Electronics and benefiting of his experience and valuable strategic techniques, he made Jaycar a successful company that is succeeding to deliver excellence in electronics.
Today Jaycar Electronics has over 100 stores and more than 200 authorised stockists and agents throughout Australia and New Zealand, with presence also in United Kingdom, United States and Canada. The company’s headquarters reside in Rydalmere, NSW, Australia and it is worth more than $500 million.
Here are some of the products sold by Jaycar Electronics:
- Tools and test equipment: all the electronic products that deal with tools of measurements and related equipment, such as multimeters, environment meters, electrical testers, weather stations, electrical soldering irons, panel hardware
- Sound and video: switchers, converters, cables and adaptors, party equipment, speakers, TV hardware, headphones, microphones, music players
- Cables and connectors: audio and video cables and connectors, power connectors, communication, network and computer connectors
- Components and electromechanical: switches, resistors, capacitors, relays, fuses, circuit protection products, Leds and lighting, heatsinks and fans
- Power products: batteries, power supplies, mains accessories, solar power, power conversion
- Gadgets: Arduino products, 3D printers and scanners, science and learning products, voice recorders, and office gadgets
- Security and surveillance: CCTV products, IP and wireless cameras, infrared cameras, security cameras
- Computer accessories: modems, routers, switches, memory cards, optical media
- Science and learning products: short circuits projects, motors, servos, solenoids, robotics, microscopes
- Outdoor and automotive products: torches, bike, head and work lights, inverters and generators, camping survival gear, car power accessories, vehicle tracking and security products
All the products are available for purchase online on Jaycar Electronics’ website as online shopping has become very popular nowadays, with visual display of the products, prices and all the minute details that one must be sure about before purchasing the products.
In addition to this, there are catalogues at the online page of Jaycar. There are the locations of the stores everywhere to aid the customers travel to the stores if they want to visit. The page has vibrant colors and serve to guide and help consumers know all about their products and all their offers. The new products offered by them reside on their main page with their prices, a visual picture and some further details. This ensures that the consumers eye will catch all the new additions in the products firsthand.
Some reviews about Jaycar: Reviews about Jaycar provide an insight as to how customers feel about the products and services this company provides. The reviews are not monotonous, but majority of those reviews falls in the positive feedback section. Consumers like a variety of factors associated with these products that includes the quality of products, their efficiency, the customer care services, the agile deliverance and a lot of other aspects. Certain 5/5 rated reviews about Jaycar:
- Ange, from Port Albert, a Jaycar consumer, wrote her review saying she looked for a certain lead everywhere but couldn’t place it until she came to Jaycar site. She found the lead at an excellent value with fast deliverance. She also stated that she will consider buying more products from Jaycar as well.
- Falcon, from Melbourne, a verified Jaycar customer reviewed the customer care services provided by them as excellent and helpful. He shared his experience about having bought a radio two years ago whose processor had died and that had stopped working. He took it to a Victoria shop where he had previously purchased it and told them the case. He says they replaced it with a new one without any question (the radio he had was in good condition in terms of looks) and that satisfied him immensely.
- John, from Melbourne, reviews the company a full star rating telling about how he purchased a Digitech UPS from the Jaycar agent in Willtronics in Ballarat. Initially he could not connect it to his Windows 10 PC and it had a compatibility issue. He had no luck connecting it to the software, so he consulted with a staff member who took the matters into his hands and finally figured out the problem. John’s issue resolved after that and he was fully satisfied with the services provided by Jaycar.
- Gena writes about the stores of Jaycar and the excellent services they provide. She talks about Jaycars’ Aspley and Strathpine stores. She needed to connect her TV, record player and CD player to an old-style amplifier and the salesperson she talked to was very helpful and gave her good insight as to what options she had. She says that she has a little knowledge about technology so there were tasks she could not perform and seemed daunting but the salesperson at Jaycar were so helpful. Her electronics worked perfectly after their indulgence and she was fully satisfied.
- David Simmonds mentioned he needed a few parts to put the PA system together and he went to the services of Jaycar Electronics. He said that the salesperson knew what he was talking about and what he needed. He reviews that he would certainly recommend this service to everyone in need of an electronic device.
Gary Johnston’s strategy: Gary had been a part of Dick Smith’s company for seven years. In those years he had been a marketing manager and those were the years the company was very successful at its business. But Gary provides some insight as to why the company met its downfall and some reasons that may have contributed to it.
He says that at Dick and Smiths’, there were huge prevailing sales up to 70 percent occurring in December. Gary is of the view that a balance should be there as to when and how much prices are going to be lowered and there should not be such a massive sale without any significant cause.
Furthermore, he says that the staff members who will eventually serve the customers and represent the company should be vigilant, agile and conscious about the products they are dealing with. He is of the view that the staff members should know about the basics of those electronics so that they be able to help the customers in all regards and be a better company. But Dick and Smith had stopped following this method of appointing staff from customer base fifteen years ago. Uninformed staff became the norm in Dick and Smith and that is the reason there was a downfall in customer service. He says that the staff at his former company was limited “just there to open the door.” This is a reason that company had to meet its downfall.
Jaycar owes its success to Gary’s strategic operation and a soulful and mindful staff. The customers should be extensively informed about the products they are purchasing and not relying obsessively on discounting. Keep the products in superior quality and make the customer satisfied with its reliability. The brick and mortar outlets are of paramount importance for the business. Online shopping has its perks but the outlets for real shopping must never be ignored and be kept intact. To conclude, the staff is paid enormous attention by Johnston. It is the staff that deals with the customer and satisfy them, so they must be well informed and efficient in their job.
The Jaycar Electronics is an efficient retailer to get all your electronics from and its products are excellent. The staff at its stores and outlets is remarkably helpful and satisfying that makes it one of the leading stores in the industry.
There are a lot of Jaycar Electronics stores and you can visit a one in a multitude of locations: Adelaide, Albury, Alexandria, Altona, Aspley, Ballarat, Bankstown, Belconnen, Belmont, Bendigo, Blacktown, Brighton, Brisbane, Brookvale, Bunbury, Bundaberg, Burleigh, Busselton, Caboolture, Cairns, Caloundra, Canberra, Capalaba, Castle Hill, Coburg, Cranbourne, Darwin, Elizabeth, Erina, Frankston, Fyshwick, Geelong, Gold Coast, Hallam, Hervey Bay, Hobart, Hornsby, Hurstville, Ipswich, Jindalee, Joondalup, Kingston, Launceston, Lismore, Mackay, Maddington, Maitland, Mandurah, Maroochydore, Mayfield, Melbourne, Melton, Midland, Modbury, Morayfield, Mornington, Multimeter, Nambour, Newcastle, Nowra, Osborne Park, Pakenham, Penrith, Perth, Redcliffe, Reynella, Ringwood, Rockhampton, Rockingham, Rydalmere, Shepparton, Smithfield, Springvale, Strathpine, Sunbury, Sydney, Tamworth, Thomastown, Toowoomba, Townsville, Tuggerah, Tuggeranong, Underwood, Wagga, Warners Bay, Werribee, Wollongong, Woolloongabba